- Access To FASB Accounting Standards Codification on July 1 (This announcement contains a description of, and pricing for access to, the Professional View and Basic View options for FASB's Codification, which becomes official GAAP on July 1. The Basic View option will be free, the Professional View option with state-of-the-art searching capability and other special functions will be available by paid subscription.) FASB is hosting a webcast on the Codification on Monday, June 22 from 2-3 pm EDT, and additional information (including links to Codification Alerts, FAQs, and more) can be found in FASB's Codification Resources.
- IASCF 2008 Annual Report is now available.
- IASCF Trustees Announce Dates For Constitutional Review Public Roundtables (Sept. 9-London, Oct. 6-New York, Oct. 21-Tokyo).
- IASB Seeks Views on Accounting for 'Own Credit Risk' (Discussion Paper released June 18; comments due Sept. 1)
- IASB Clarifies Accounting for Group Cash-Settled Share-Based Payment Transactions
Additionally, as noted in our blog post yesterday, FASB Chairman Robert Herz is slated to give a speech at the National Press Club next week.
FEI Comments On Revenue Recognition
In other FASB-IASB related news, FEI's Committee on Corporate Reporting (CCR) filed a comment letter this afternoon on FASB's Discussion Paper: Preliminary Views on Revenue Recognition in Contracts with Customers.
Revenue recognition is a joint project of FASB and the IASB; FASB's Discussion Paper and IASB's Discussion Paper were issued in tandem on December 19, 2008 with a six-month comment period, ending today. There are 80 comment letters posted so far (the listing includes letters on both the FASB and IASB documents); see also the link to the FEI CCR letter filed this afternoon; it is possible additional letters are in the process of being filed/posted as well.
Print this post