Separately, the PCAOB's Standing Advisory Group is slated to meet next week. The one-and-a-half day SAG meeting, set to take place on April 7-8, will be webcast, and the agenda includes:
- Responsibilities of the Principal Auditor
- Auditor's Reporting Model. This discussion will include presentation by a panel of information relating to the history and evolution of the U.S. standard auditor's report and recommendations for changes to that report made by the U.S. Treasury Advisory Committee on the Auditing Profession (ACAP) in 2008. After the panelists' remarks, SAG members and observers will form break-out sessions to discuss potential ways to: (a) change the standard auditor's report and (b) clarify in the auditor's report the auditor's role in detecting fraud. On the second day of the meeting, PCAOB staff will present a summary of the break-out group discussions, and SAG members will have an opportunity to provide additional commentary.
- Update on Office of Chief Auditor Standard-Setting Activities and Emerging Issues
- Update on ACAP Recommendations
- Proposed Auditing Standard on Risk Assessment – Summary of Comments Received
Print this post